Organizing is a help in eleminating clutter and makes cleaning easier. Our specialty is: cupboards, closets, and corners where "stuff" lives and multiplies. Below is an article about clutter and organization, which you might find interesting. We like the anti-chemical viewpoint about cleaning. Generally, the less stuff around, the easier it is to clean.
Greek mythology is fascinating and the story of Pandora's box is a spell binding myth.
Prometheus was a Titan who was a champion of human-kind and was known for his wily intelligence. He stole the secret of fire from the God Zeus and gave it to mortals. But the theft of fire angered Zeus and as one of his punishments he ordered Hephaestus to create the first woman, Pandora, as part of the punishment of mankind. (Now that doesn't seem quite fair that he considered this a punishment does it?)
Prometheus warned his brother not to accept any gifts from Zeus but he didn't listen and he married Pandora. Pandora had been given a large jar (which we now call a box) and was instructed never to open it. Along with this beautiful box Pandora was also given the gift of curiosity.
One day she decided she would take a peek inside and open the box, not out of malice but because curiosity got the best of her. When she did open the lid to see what was inside all of the evils, ills, sicknesses and burdensome labor that mankind had not know before escaped from the jar. She closed the jar immediately after opening it but it was too late as everything had been unleashed on mankind except at the very bottom of her jar there lay hope.
As you survey the rooms in your home do you feel a Pandora's box has been opened and the box released clutter, disorganization, an overwhelming mess, and disruption to your daily life?
But remember in Pandora's box there was also hope. No matter how awful you feel your home is in terms of clutter there is always hope that you can clear the clutter. Organizing clutter just got easier by trying these few simple tips:
1. Evaluate what your home currently looks and feels like to you. Write these observations and feelings down in a notebook.
2. Take a look at how you are using your space.
3. After you have identified your organizing needs, set goals of what you want your room to look and feel like. Write these down in your notebook.
4. Take action and start organizing the clutter by selecting one room to start in.
5. It doesn't matter where you start. Choose a place and start organizing from the inside out (closets, cupboards, drawers etc.).
6. Does everything have a home? If not, to organize clutter you need to make a home for everything you have.
7. Make it easy for you to find everything. If you waste a lot of time looking for things maybe it is time to get rid of some things.
8. While organizing clutter make it look and feel orderly.
9. Keep only the things you use or that lights you up and makes you feel good to have around you.
11. Organize the space so it helps you make the best use of your time.
12. As you organize clutter decide a target date to reach your goal.
13. Start by taking baby steps, Rome wasn't built in a day and everything and every room doesn't have to be done in one hour, a day, or in a week.
14. Set a timer and work until it rings. Just by knowing you have a set time limit can make a difference mentally and physically.
Organizing clutter can be smooth sailing by evaluating, setting goals, starting slow and using a streamlined approach.
Marilyn is a published author and professional organizer. She invites you to visit her website http://www.marilynbohn.com. She works with women and seniors in clearing clutter in their lives. She is a sought after public speaker and passionate about organizing. Her book Go Organize! Conquer clutter in three simple steps is now in all major book stores.
Marilyn is a published author and professional organizer. She invites you to visit her awesome website [http://www.marilynbohn.com] for easy organizing. She is a sought after public speaker who is passionate about teaching women and seniors how to organize their life and reduce clutter in their homes and office.
You can buy her new book 'Go Organize! Conquer clutter in three simple steps' that is now in all major bookstores, amazon and marilyn's website.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Marilyn_Bohn/119814
We adhere to our cleaning standards both for our residential and our commercial accounts. If you have any particular questions about our methods, please give us a call at 253-650-1008.
Feel free to send a message
We customize each cleaning service to the specifications of our clients. There are no hidden or additional charges. When we set up our services we want to make you happy. Our Residential and Commercial Cleaning services are competitively priced and easily affordable. Please, tell us what you need done with a call, an email or give us details via our contact form. You can even include a photo of the job at hand.